Height, Weight, and BMI
- All students in grades Kindergarten-12 receive yearly screening.
- BMI (body mass index) letters are sent to parents/guardians each school year.
- All students are screened for near and far vision.
- Students in grade 1 are screened for excessive farsightedness with the Plus Lens.
- Students in grades 1 or 2 are screened for color deficit and Stereodepth Perception.
- Students in Kindergarten, 3, 7, and 11 grades receive hearing screening.
- Students in grade 6 and 7 are required to have a screening for scoliosis. 6th grade students have this screening during their 6th grade physical. Screening of 7th grade students take place during PE class.
- To ensure privacy, screening is conducted in the Nurse' Office. The procedure for this is a simple 30 second test in which the screener (certified school nurse) looks at the child's back in a standing and a forward bending position. If your student has a suspected curvature, you will be notified and asked to take your child to your physician for further evaluation.
Please remember that screening programs do not replace the need for visits with your primary care provider. Children who fail screening are referred for further evaluation via a letter to parents or guardians.
Dental and Physical forms can be downloaded by clicking Health Forms.
- Required in Kindergarten, 6th, and 11th grade, as well as by the PIAA for all sports.
- Physicals may be performed by your primary care provider or District Medical Staff.
- Required in Kindergarten, 3rd, and 7th grade.
- All dental examinations may be performed by the family dentist or the District Dental Provider.
Students failing physical/dental examinations are referred for further evaluation via a letter to parents/guardians. We request that referral forms be returned to the School Nurse after the child is seen by the family PCP or Dentist.