UPCOMING & ONGOING ACTIVITIES
- CV High School Blood Drive, May 12th. The JROTC cadet battalion will host the spring blood drive for the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank (CPBB) in Eagle Lobby during 8:00 AM-3:00 PM. This will be the twelfth consecutive semi-annual blood drive supported by the cadet battalion. During those events, the CPBB has now collected over 800 units (pints) of blood. We strongly encourage staff, faculty, students, and other community members to donate.
- Eagle View Field Day, May 18th. For the second time, the cadets will assist the event organizers by running new stations that the cadets have developed. These will include an obstacle course, various races, and the tug-of-war.
- Silver Spring Memorial Day Ceremony, May 29th. Five JROTC cadets will participate in this ceremony at Willow Mill Park by presenting the wreath and raising the flag. This moving tribute to service members who have given their lives for our country will also include: a speech about Memorial Day, reading the names of service members added to the memorial, and the playing of Taps.
- Monroe Township Memorial Day Celebration, May 29th. The cadets will present the colors for this ceremony at Mt Zion Cemetery. This celebration will honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms and recognize the other veterans in attendance. The ceremony will include: prayers, patriotic songs, remarks, and the playing of Taps.
- JROTC Cadet Leadership Challenge (JCLC), June 5-8. During this period, fifteen (15) Cumberland Valley HS cadets will attend JCLC to develop their leadership experience and abilities, while participating in adventure skills training with cadets from other area schools. Training for this program will be conducted before and after school during 15-25 May.