Welcome to the Cumberland Valley School District

School Psychologists' Webpage!

This webpage is designed to help parents learn about 

the services of the school psychologists in CVSD.


Mr. Anthony Bavaria provides services to the students at Shaull Elementary School and Cumberland Valley HS. He can be reached at 732-2460.

Mrs. Jennifer Cameron provides services to the students of Sporting Hill Elementary.  She can be reached at 761-5052.

Dr. JoAnn Coslett's office is located in Cumberland Valley High School.  You can reach her at 506-3634.  Dr. Coslett provides services to the CV High School students.

Mrs. Jennifer Garvey's office is located in Cumberland Valley High School.  You can reach her at 506-3572. Mrs. Garvey provides services to CV High School students.

Ms. Erin Hanshaw's office is located at Middlesex Elementary.  She provides services to Green Ridge Elementary and Middlesex Elementary.  You can reach her at 249-5586.

Mrs. Jill LaFaver's office is located at Hampden Elementary School.  You can reach her at 737-4513.  Mrs. LaFaver provides services to students at Hampden Elementary School and Monroe Elementary School.

Mr. Garry Maus' office is located in Eagle View Middle School.  You can reach him at 506-3811.  Mr. Maus provides services to the students of Eagle View Middle School and Silver Spring Elementary.

Mrs. Bethany Fratus has her office in Good Hope Middle School.  You can reach her at 761-1865.  Mrs. Fratus provides services to the students of Good Hope Middle School and CV High School.


School psychologists at Cumberland Valley School District have two main job functions.  First, we consult with parents and teachers about a student's educational progress through the Child Staffing/Study Team and Student Assistance Team models.  Second, we assess students to determine if they a) have disabilities and are in need of special education, b) have disabilities and are in need of a 504 plan, and c) are mentally gifted and in need of gifted support services.  School psychologists also provide short-term direct intervention to students in crisis situations. 


If you have a concern about your child's educational progress, please contact your child's teacher and/or school counselor.  A Child Study Team meeting may be held, which may include you, your child's teacher(s), the school counselor, the school psychologist, the principal, and any other educational professionals that work with your child.  Information concerning your child's development, behavior, and socialization at home; academic progress at school; behavior and socialization at school; and the results of academic or behavioral screenings may be discussed.  The Child Study Team will brainstorm ways in which you and the school personnel can support your child's progress and decide whether to refer your child for more in-depth evaluation if a disability is suspected.

Some of our "favorite" websites include:

*Bullying: What Schools and Parents Can Do

*Children's Reaction to Trauma

*CHADD "Gourmet" guide to ADHD and related disorders.

*Department of Education

*Encyclopedia Britannica

*Homework Helper 

*LD Online

*LRP  Information on special education law.  'Everything' on specific learning disabilities.

*National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities  You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

*National Institute of Mental Health

*Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic

*Special Education Resources on the Internet

*Talking with Kids A neat site on how parents can talk to kids about tough topics, violence, drugs, HIV, etc. 

*US Department of Education


Related Links

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.