Online registration forms for KINDERGARTEN are now available for the 2017-2018 school year!
Please note: All students must be 5 years old on or before September 1st to be eligible for Kindergarten.
For families with students currently enrolled in the Cumberland Valley School District, click on the green link below and log into your Parent Portal and click on register a new student.
For families new to the Cumberland Valley School District, click on the green link below and then click on Online Registration which can be found below the Parent Portal login.
Use Google Chrome for best results and submit form within 60 minutes (form will timeout with inactivity and will not submit after 60 minutes).
Please note: After completing the online registration forms for Kindergarten Registration, you will receive an automated email with a link to the appointment scheduler. You will need to schedule an appointment to bring your child and the necessary documents (see below) to the elementary school of attendance.
Kindergarten Registration will be held at the following schools for the 2017-2018 school year:
Middlesex Elementary School March 8th
Monroe Elementary School March 9th
Green Ridge Elementary School March 10th
Hampden Elementary School March 14th and 15th
Silver Spring Elementary School March 16th and the morning of March 17th
Sporting Hill Elementary School March 21st and 22nd
Shaull Elementary School March 23rd and the morning of March 24th
WHO CAN REGISTER A STUDENT
- Parents or court appointed guardians living in the Cumberland Valley School District may enroll a student. The parent/guardian must come into our office in person to complete the enrollment process. (Note: Exceptions apply to homeless youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, migrant and foster students.) A student living with someone other than a parent will be registered in accordance with guidelines set by PA Public School Code section 24 P.S. 13-1302.
- Residents will be asked to sign an affidavit stating that you and the student live in this district on a full-time basis.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT
You need to bring the following required documents to your appointment in order to register your child.
- Proof of your child's age. Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: original birth certificate, notarized copy of birth certificate, a valid passport or notarized/certified record showing the date of birth.
- Immunizations required by law. Acceptable documentation includes: the child's immunization record, a written statement from a former school district or medical office, verbal assurances from the former school that the required immunizations have been completed with records to follow.
- Proof of residency. Acceptable documentation includes: a deed, lease, sales agreement, notarized statement from landlord or mortgage information. If residing with a district property owner, the property owner must sign a notarized "multiple occupancy form."
- Photo Identification. This is required in order to notarize documents at the registration appointment such as sworn statement attesting if the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property.
- Other documents: Report cards/transcripts, all special education documents (IEP, ER, RR, NOREP), attendance records, any other records relevant to your child's education.