Early Graduation is an opportunity for qualifying seniors to finish their senior year of high school by the end of the first semester. This opportunity allows interested students to get a jump start on post-secondary studies or a career.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, A STUDENT MUST:
• Be able to meet all graduation requirements by the end of their first semester senior year (including required core courses)
• Approved Online and College Dual Credit courses will count towards required Cumberland Valley School District credits but these options may not fulfill NCAA eligibility requirements.
• The ending date for the early graduation student is determined on a case by case basis. A student attending college in the spring semester will finish CV no earlier than 3 school days prior to the start of the college semester. A student with no college commitment in the spring will finish at the end of CV’s first semester.
• A student meeting our district’s graduation requirements will receive a CVSD diploma in June along with the rest of the graduation class.
• Students interested in graduating by the end of the first semester of their senior year should see their counselor by March 1 of their junior year.
• Prior to pursuing higher education options, a letter of approval is needed by the Superintendent and School Board.
NOTE: It is the student’s responsibility to check with his or her college of interest about its policies related to enrollment and financial aid for early graduating students.